Cook up the bold, unique flavors of Peru, a multicultural culinary destination. described by food critic Eric Asimov as one of the world's most important cuisines and a model of fusion cuisine.The Big Peruvian Cookbook is a journey through the diverse gastronomy of the multicultural South American country, from its Andean peaks to its coastal towns and tropical jungles.Become intimately acquainted with Peru’s universe of flavors, techniques, and traditions. Peruvian food is a fusion of its Incan roots, mixed with Spanish, Arab, African, Chinese, Italian, Japanese, and French influences, and the result is a vast and colorful range of dishes, each telling a distinct story, such as:
Your go-to guide for mastering this famous cuisine, The Big Peruvian Cookbook will show you how to whip up cebiches, piqueos, soups, and traditional sweets like a local, creating a real Peruvian culinary experience at home.
- Traditional Ceviche (or “Cebiche”)
- Causa (Layered Mashed Potato)
- Arroz Chaufa (Fish Stir-Fried Rice)
- Papa a la Huancaína (Potatoes in Cheese Sauce)
- Lomo Saltado (Stir-Fried Sliced Beef with French Fries)
- Ají de Gallina (Creamy Chicken)
- Anticuchos de Corazón (Grilled Heart Skewers)
- And more!