Cook up warm, comforting dishes with Rachel Allen's timeless collection of soups, breads, garnishes, stocks and much more
In this love-letter to the world's most ubiquitous dish, acclaimed Irish TV chef and cookbook writer Rachel Allen explores everything soup has to offer.
Whether as a starter or main dish, a quick fix or a leisurely indulgence, to nourish a cold or heal a broken heart, or to feed yourself, your family or a crowd of friends, there is a soup for every occasion.
With Rachel's expert guidance you can learn the classics and then expand your horizons, with delicious, achievable, heart-warming recipes you'll turn to time and time again, including . . .
· Carrot and Harissa Soup with Za'atar Croutons
· Nordic Salmon and Dill Soup
· Pork and Fennel Meatball Soup
· Chunky Chickpea and Chorizo Broth
· Japanese Chicken and Udon Noodle Broth
· Lamb and Pearl Barley Broth
· Cheesy Tear and Share Swirls
· Guinness Bread
· Blue Cheese and Walnut Bread
Rachel also shares easy recipes for fresh homemade breads, as well as clever garnishes, essential stocks, and a wealth of tips on equipment, batch-cooking, freezing, and presentation.
Just as every cook needs good soup in their repertoire, this book will be a must-have source of inspiration for every kitchen shelf.
Includes metric measures.