Issue 21 Published 25th October 2019
In the cork poppin’, gut bustin’, merry makin’ new issue of Noble Rot magazine...
- ...we tell the story of how cult domaines Emidio Pepe and Valentini rewrote the reputation of Abruzzese wine
- ...we meet Hugh Johnson, one of the most popular and erudite wine writers of all time, to discuss working for Château Latour, moving back to London, and what it’s like to drink a 1540 German Steinwein (spoiler – it was nice)
- …we delve into hip hop DJ and producer Madlib’s padded wine suitcase and find rare bottles of Le Montrachet and Keller ‘G-Max’ which he keeps refreshed with on tour
- …celebrated American novelist Jay McInerney writes about his greatest ever meal, at Ferran Adrià’s El Bulli
- …we feature stories about Burgundy, wine bottle art, Roman food and restaurants, fondue, Moscow restaurant Twins Garden’s vegetable wines, as well as reviews, recipes and musings from, Fay Maschler, Simon Hopkinson,Marina O’Loughlin, Alastair Little, Lee Tiernan of Black Axe Mangal, Jon Bonné, Russell Norman, Rachel Roddy, Meredith Erickson, George Reynolds, Zeren Wilson, John Niven, and Jeremy Chan of Ikoyi among much more…
Noble Rot magazine is the home of exciting wine and food writing. Since its launch in 2013, Noble Rot has seen chefs Pierre Koffmann, Fergus Henderson and Yotam Ottolenghi rubbing shoulders with Keira Knightley, Caitlin Moran, Brian Eno and Francis Ford Coppola, blurring the boundaries between gastronomy and the creative arts. Contributors include Marina O’Loughlin, Rowley Leigh, John Niven, Neal Martin, Jamie Goode, Kate Spicer and Jon Bonne. The magazine is based in London and published every four months.
Noble Rot was founded by Dan Keeling and Mark Andrew. Dan Keeling is the Louis Roederer Food & Wine Writer of the Year 2017 & 2018, the Fortnum & Mason Drink Writer Of The Year 2016 and the Louis Roederer Emerging Wine Writer Of The Year 2015. He previously worked in music as managing director of Island Records and head of A&R at Parlophone Records, where he was responsible for signing acts including Coldplay, Bombay Bicycle Club and Lily Allen. Mark Andrew is a Master of Wine and previously worked as head buyer at London merchant Roberson wine.