A new, fresh take for the home baker's cookbook canon: No matter if you're a novice or expert, Heritage Baking will help you discover the way artisanal flours can add layers of flavor and texture. When combined with a natural starter and long fermentation, these baked goods can even be enjoyed by those who have difficulty with gluten.
• Includes 45 foolproof recipes for delicious, nutritious, good-for-the-gut breads and pastries for a wide range of artisanal flours that are readily available to home bakers
• Find in-depth master tutorials to starters, country loaves, and adjusting recipes for different flours. Plus, step-by-step photography sequences help visual learners get these fundamentals just right
• Recipes include one-of-a-kind rolls, scones, muffins, coffee cake, cookies, brownies, and more so you'll have the perfect recipes to go with breakfast, lunch, and dinner
Heritage Baking is the go-to resource for bakers of all skill levels who love new information and techniques that lead to better loaves and more flavor.
• The recipes in Heritage Baking were developed to spotlight the fresh local flours that are becoming more available to bakers everywhere
• Ellen King is co-owner and head baker at Hewn Bakery in Illinois. Amelia Levin is a cookbook author, food consultant, and writer. John Lee is a food and lifestyle photographer