Jam cannot be rushed. These preserving recipes may be short on the page, but they're designed to stretch time, from when you first find and organize the ingredients, to when you stir the pot slowly and lovingly, then spread it on toast, and take the first magical bite.
These innovative recipes, bubbling with fruit, nuts, herbs and spices, are separated into 5 seasons:
- ALIVE/spring- blossoming florals and awakenings (Peach & Fig leaf Jam, Salted Cherry Blossom, Wild Garlic Pesto)
- HOT/summer - vivid sweetness (Nectarine & Thyme Jam, Strawberry & Wild Fennel Jam, Pickled Walnuts)
- BLUSH/early autumn - smoky warmth and rich spice (Blackberry & Cocoa Nib Jam, Elderberry & Pomegranate Molasses, Tomato Jam, Marjoram Jelly)
- BARB/late autumn - robust and bristling (Pear & Masala Jam, Pumpkin Jam, Damson Cheese)
- FROST/winter - biting, dark and cosy (Preserved Lemons, Seville Orange & Chamomile Marmalade)
Lillie creates recipes to be lingered over, that inspire and give confidence to be a little more adventurous in the preserving kitchen.
Out of Print.